the experience is important
Wendy Goodman is a registered nurse (Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Toronto) and a certified Lactation Consultant. She received her Master's degree in Adult Education from The Ontario Institute of Studies in Education (OISE).
Wendy has many years of maternal/newborn nursing and teaching experience gained in hospital, university and community settings. Her reassuring manner and warm sense of humour quickly puts new mothers, families and staff at ease.
Her extensive experience includes:
- Prenatal classes taught to thousands of new families; at The Toronto Department of Public Health, North York General Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, as well as in her own private nursing practice: For Baby and You
- Obstetrical Nursing Instructor at the Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto and Postpartum Staff Nurse at Mount Sinai Hospital
- Maternal/Infant Clinical Nurse Specialist in both teaching and community hospitals (Women's College Hospital, Toronto East General Hospital and St. Joseph's Health Centre)
- Private Nursing Practice: For Baby and You, since 1997
- Very proud and happy mother (most days) of three children